Best Way to rescue hard drive data with bad sectors:
Your computer may freeze for a long time during start up or it might frequently ask you to scan the hard drive at boot up using disk repair utilities. You might find all files and folders on the hard disk are altered or corrupted and refuse to open when you try opening them. You will be happy that everything works fine after running disk checking utility. But your happiness vanishes soon when you see that disk utility fails repeatedly by throwing some error messages like “Cyclic Redundancy Error”!!! Then you need to understand that bad sectors on your hard disk drive are the main cause for such abnormal behavior of computer.
These bad sectors can result in crash of a hard drive which might spoil your entire work and data at some of the time. Such disaster can occur due to any technical problem and it's more common when your hard drive is very old. Don’t panic, it does not mean that your hard drive data is lost forever until your hard drive is not physically damaged. First and foremost thing you need to do is stop using your affected hard drive and look out for best possible way to get back lost data from hard disk having bad sectors. Hard Disk Resurgence utility is the most accurate tool that can be used in this case to easily get back deleted/lost data from hard drive. This software creates a “Disk image file” during the recovery process, which is the exact replica of your hard drive data. You can later utilize this disk image file to restore lost files and folders from hard drive due to bad sectors. Visit homepage by clicking on this link http://www.recover-hard-drive.org.
What are bad sectors on Hard disk?
Bad sectors are the affected sectors on hard drive that cannot be reused for storing data. Bad sectors and other hard drive issues are unavoidable irrespective of any brand or quality or price. Bad sectors reduce system performance and gradually decrease the storage capacity of the hard disk as it grows old. Data transfer becomes slow and computer often hangs out during data operation on the hard drive as a result of bad sectors. In such cases even disk checking utility fails to fix bad sectors on hard drive giving rise to loss of data.
What are reasons that are likely to cause bad sectors on hard drives?
There are various physical and logical causes for creation of bad sectors on hard disk drive as listed below:
- Read/Write Head Damage: Excessive read/write operations performed hard drive can damage the read/write head on hard disk causing bad sectors on hard drive.
- Repeated Power Failures: If there are frequent power failures when hard drive is performing read/write operation, it is going to affect hard drive severely. In addition, abrupt computer shut down due to frequent power failures can also cause bad sectors on hard drive resulting in the inefficient functioning of the hard drive.
- Exposure to Overheat: When a hard drive is exposed to excess heat for many years, then it can create bad sectors resulting in loss of hard disk data.
- CPU Overclocking: When computer hardware i.e. CPU works at speed greater than the manufacturer’s speed then it will gradually develop bad sectors on hard drive.
- MBR Corruption due to Virus Attacks: Viruses/malware/spyware are the destructive programs that cam damage boot sectors of hard drive. You cannot access data from a particular sector of the hard drive when MBR gets severely infected.
- Other issues: Software errors,configuration problems, OS crash, file system corruption, etc can create bad sectors on hard drive and lead to data loss.
Useful features of hard disk recovery software are:
- Hard drive recovery software is built with powerful algorithms that restores nearly 300 different file formats like Microsoft Office documents, photos, videos, songs, zip archives, emails and lot more file types from hard drive using its unique file signatures.
- It creates sector by sector copy of hard drive having bad sectors which is usually termed as Disk image file without damaging files.
- It can perform hard drive recovery after format, reformat or re-partitioning of hard drive to reclaim lost files in a reliable way
- You can restore data from deleted, lost or inaccessible patitions on SATA, SCS and IDE hard drive types in few steps
- Apart from computer, you will be able to do laptop hard drive recovery to restore data from various brands of laptops like Dell, Sony, Toshiba, etc by using this software
- By this hard drive rescue software it is possible to bring back lost data from external hard drives, USB drives, FireWire Drives, iPods and flash memory cards.
- This software is the best choice for rescuing data from a failed hard disk, crashed hard drive or dead hard drive after some logical or physical damages on Windows 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems at your fingertips.
- Using this hard drive rescue software you can accomplish hard disk resurgence on Mac OS X leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion in an effective manner
- Steps to rescue hard drive with bad sectors:
Step 1: Disconnect affected hard drive from PC and connect it to another system as a secondary storage device. Download and also install the trial version of Hard drive data recovery tool in your system. Launch the program by double clicking the desktop shortcut and the main window appears as shown in Figure 1. select "Recover Drives" option from the main screen and proceed further.
Figure 1: Select Recover Drives
Step 2: When you select "Recover Partitions/Drives" option, a new window appears. The new window provides you an option to restore deleted/lost partition data and to restore formatted/reformatted partitions. Select "Partition Recovery" option to recover hard drive with bad sectors and proceed to the next step as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 : Select Partition Recovery
Step 3: Select the hard disk drive that has bad sectors in order to create disk images. After selecting the drive, select “Save image file”option from the Tools option as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 : Click on Save Image File
Step 4: Now, again download and launch the application on another healthy system and connect the removable storage device where the disk image file is stored and repeat the Step 2. Select “Open image files” option from the Tool option as shown in Figure 4 to start the data recovery process.
Figure 4 : Select Open Image File
Step 5: Now, Select the disk image of the hard drive from where you want to start the data recovery process to recover hard drive with bad sectors. As you select the drive, the software scans the entire disk image and recovers the data.
Figure 5 : Select Hard Drive Image File
Step 6: On clicking "Next" scanning process starts. The software recovers files and folders displays all the recovered data in "Data View Type". You can use "Preview" option to view the recovered data as shown in Figure 6 and can save the recovered data to any desired location by purchasing its full version.
Figure 6 : Recovered Data Files